Wow, I can't believe it has been 8 years since we said, "I do". Where did the time go? How in the world do we have 3 kids!!! How did we get to where we are!? Here is a quick recap of the past 8 years...
Got married, moved into our first home together in Oklahoma City, got prego with #1, Jeff joined the Air Force, Jeff leaves for boot camp, I have Josiah, we move to Fairchild AFB in Washington, Jeff goes threw SERE, he gets hurt, move to Keesler AFB in Mississippi, Josiah turns 1, move to Lajes Air Base in the Azores, get prego with #2, move to a new house when 9 mo prego, have Gabriel, Jeff deploys for 5-6 mo, move to Okinawa Japan, get prego with #3, have Tara...and here we are! whew! What a crazy 8 years it has been!
I was thinking last night, what were we doing 8 years ago today? Well, 8 years ago today, right now...I was done getting my hair do, Cindee and I had gone threw McD's to grab some food, I needed some french fries! We were at the church getting our dresses on and doing make-up. I think Jeff and the guys were with the photographer getting their shots done before the ceremony. Here in about an hour I was about ready to walk down the isle and say I do. I seriously can't believe it's already been 8 years. I'm happy that we've made it this long and sad to know that the first years of our marriage are already over.
8 years ago today I didn't know that in 8 years I would be spending my day, my anniversary, with 3 beautiful children, making corn dogs for lunch :c) and listening to the boys argue about Mario Kart. Tonight we will go out to dinner with the kids, we will probably have Chili's. (Our wedding night we ate out at Applebee's). I didn't know that I would be living in Japan or that we would be in the Air Force. I didn't know that I would already have a 7 yr old, a 4 yr old and a 6 mo old. I didn't know that I would be separated from my family for so long and become so dependent on Jeff. As a 19 year old girl I didn't know about how hard marriage would be but how wonderful it is! I've learned so much about marriage, I've learned a lot about Jeff and myself. I know we have both grown a lot and have most definitely grown closer together.
One last thing, I do this every year with Jeff, I like to name off what we've done every year for our anniversary...so here I go...
1st - in Washington, rode over the waterfalls in Spokane
2nd - in Mississippi, went to LA to Six Flags and stayed the night there, some friends of ours watched Josiah for us.
3rd - in Azores, went out to eat at a Italian rest. on the island
4th - in the States, not sure if we were in Florida for Nicole's wedding yet or in Fulton...I can't remember how we celebrated! yikes!
5th - in Azores again, Jeff just back from deployment, ate out somewhere? yikes!
6th - Jeff deployed, not together...celebrated early, went to Garlic house in Okinawa then to Macaroni Grill for desert mmm!
7th- in Okinawa, we were at Okuma with our boys and Jeff's parents
8th - in Okinawa, going to Chili's tonight. :c)
I think the most fun thing we did to celebrate was going to Louisianna by our selves. Maybe next year we can drop the kids off in Fulton and take off somewhere by ourselves again! That would be nice!
I can't wait to see where the next 8 years takes us! I love you Jeff!!!
This was such a sweet post. Praise God for a Godly husband! I feel so blessed to be experiencing the life the Lord's given me. It is such a bittersweet thing for me seeing you celebrating your 8th anniversary and considering we are all grown up now with husbands and children. I remember playing on the monkey bars at McIntire Elementary School and the many sleepovers we had and going crazy over Tracy Byrd and Bryan White. I remember working in the cafeteria together and selling ice cream. We were such silly girls. Anyway, happy anniversary! I am so happy for you!
ReplyDelete